Instagram

keskiviikko 6. toukokuuta 2015

I'm back!

Airport Mojito
Sooo... Spring break is over. Here's a brief summary of my adventure mostly in pictures. 

I left Vancouver on Friday (April 24th) in the afternoon, flew over 9 hours to Frankfurth, Germany and a couple more hours to Helsinki, Finland, where I landed on Saturday afternoon and then rushed home to Porvoo to quickly change my clothes and slap on some make up and with absolutely no sleep and poor nutrition I hurried to a party. A birthday party. My birthday party. Well, mine and two of my friends'. It was also a theme party. A Super Hero party. It was pretty awesome. For what I remember... 

"Homework"

Right now this is the only picture I have from the party....

Got the cutest little "survial kit"
Gooooood morning..


Sunday morning around 4am I crawled home with a pizza, ate it, tried to sleep, failed, got out of bed around 10am and drove back to the party place for the after party -clean up and then back home to celebrate my birthday with my family. Monday morning at 4am I hopped in a taxi and drove back to the airport to catch a 6am flight to Spain.


So here come the pictures... 


By the time I got to Spain I was spewing phlegm and coughing my lungs out. Not too nice. The very first thing I did in Spain was shopping. A lot of shopping... At a mall called Habaneras. On Monday I also had my first attempt to get a tan. Did ot succeed. 
Torrrreviejaaaaaa



 Tuesday was my actual birthday. I went to the beach and strolling around the streets of Torrevieja.












 

3 beers + 1 wine = 4,10€

Wednesday, beach day
Freckles.
On Thursday I fell asleep on the rooftop and managed to sun-burn my ass... It still hurts.


Ok, so in Finland we have this thing called "Vappu" also known to some as "May day" as in the first of May, but basically Vappu is the Finnish Labour day. This means a lot of partying to us Finns. Secondary school graduates wear their white graduation hats and jug down sima and sparkling wine. Most Finns start the celebration on the evening of April 30th and continue all through to the next day. This year was the first time ever that I was out of Finland on April 30th but that didn't stop me from drinking.

But instead of Sima I had Sangria.
May 1st I was back in Finland having traditional Vappu -lunch with my family.

Me, mom and my cousin.
Got me some tax-free things...
 Saturday was a lot of sleeping and packing and on Sunday morning I started my journey back to Vancouver. Lemme just tell ya: over 13 hours in a plane with a sunburned ass and a cold is not fun. Not fun at all! 

So pretty!

Downtown Vancouver from the plane.

 Before I left I had this solid plan to document my trip, but I seem to have forgotten about this for the most part... Here's all I got:


2 kommenttia:

  1. Onpa ihania kuvia! Kiva päästä lukemaan jonkun ulkosuomalaisen blogia, kun itselläkin on ollut pieni toive mennä ulkomaille opiskelemaan nyt lukion jälkeen. Saa nähä, mitä tulevaisuus tuo tullessaan... Jään seurailemaan mielellään sun blogia:) plussaa tuo, että kirjottelet välillä englanniks!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hehee, jee! Kiitos! Kiva kuulla! :) joo, ulkomaille vaan! On ihan uskomattoman avartava kokemus!

      Poista